Amazon Freevee Is Now Available in Germany
Aug 03, 2022
The ad-supported, free streaming service features Amazon Freevee Originals, including fan-favorite Bosch: Legacy, with more exclusive content premiering in the fall
Link to Amazon Freevee sizzle HERE
MUNICH—3 August, 2022—Amazon Freevee, the streaming service that offers customers a premium selection of movies and TV shows at no additional cost, is now available in Germany. This is the second international launch for the streaming service, following the UK last year.
The ad-supported service debuts with Amazon Freevee Originals including Bosch: Legacy, UNINTERRUPTED’s Top Class: The Life and Times of the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers, and Bug Out, as well as a library of popular movies and television shows, including Hotel Mumbai, Ostfriesisch für Anfänger, Nightcrawler, Tigermilch, 2 Broke Girls, The Night Manager, Person of Interest, and Penny Dreadful. The streaming service also features thematically programmed live linear channels from BBC Food, BBC Travel, BBC History, X-Factor: Das Unfassbare, FilmRise Serien, Craction TV, and Highway to Heaven.
Prime and non-Prime customers in Germany can access Amazon Freevee through the Prime Video app or website and, over the coming days, via a standalone app on Fire TV - no subscription necessary. On Prime Video, customers can access Amazon Freevee content through the “Popular Movies and TV – Free with Ads” carousel. Every month, Amazon Freevee will add new content, including Originals, linear channels and fan favorite licensed movies and TV shows, providing customers free entertainment across a variety of genres.
“In the U.S. and the UK we have quickly differentiated ourselves in the free streaming landscape through a hybrid of exclusive Originals from Amazon Studios and highly sought-after movies and television,” said Lauren Anderson and Ryan Pirozzi, co-heads of content and programming, Amazon Freevee. “We look forward to building on this momentum, and establishing Amazon Freevee as the premier AVOD destination in Germany as we deliver customers a growing slate of widely appealing content through a personalized streaming experience.”
“Whether you are a longtime Prime member, or just learning about the premium streaming offerings at Amazon, German viewers will be pleasantly surprised by the high-quality, free programming now at their fingertips through Amazon Freevee,”said Christian Hoeweler, head of Amazon Freevee, Germany. “Customers have much to look forward to, and we’re only just getting started.”
Amazon Freevee Originals available now and coming soon in Germany, include:
- Bosch: Legacy follows Harry Bosch as he becomes a private investigator after he leaves the LAPD and finds himself working with his one time enemy—and top-notch attorney—Money Chandler. Their deep and colored history informs the show as they work together to do what they can agree on: finding justice. Meanwhile, Bosch's daughter Maddie is venturing into the world of the LAPD as a new recruit, dealing with the politics of being a legacy cop at a time when policing is under more scrutiny than ever. Watch trailer here.
- From executive producers LeBron James and Maverick Carter, the docuseries UNINTERRUPTED’s Top Class: The Life and Times of the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers follows back-to-back state champions the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers, the team that exploded onto basketball’s national stage with one of the highest-rated rosters in U.S. history. Led by head coach Andre Chevalier, the team—which features rising stars BJ Boston, Amari Bailey, Bronny James, Shy Odom, Zaire Wade, and Ziaire Williams—shows viewers firsthand how the most Instagrammed high school basketball team in the world navigates everything from daily life to playing in sold-out arenas. Watch trailer here.
- Moment of Truth reveals the never-before-seen story behind the murder of NBA legend Michael Jordan’s father, James Jordan, and the rampant corruption in a rural North Carolina county, where two teenagers, Larry Demery and Daniel Green, were convicted of the crime. The docuseries examines the initial case through the current retrial attempt by Green, who maintains his innocence. Matthew Perniciaro and Michael Sherman of Bow and Arrow Entertainment and Jim Goodmon and Shelly Leslie of Capitol Broadcasting Company serve as executive producers. Watch trailer here.
- Bug Out delves into the mystery of the largest known live insect heist in history. This four-part whodunnit documentary series shines a light on this stranger-than-fiction crime and its oddball cast of bug smugglers, dealers, and collectors. Watch trailer here.
- Luke Bryan: My Dirt Road Diary follows multiplatinum country music superstar Luke Bryan as he experiences ups, downs, triumphs, and tragedies on the road to unprecedented success. Through original home videos, interviews, and incredibly personal footage, viewers get a backstage pass into the life of the country music singer and songwriter. The five-part docuseries is executive produced by Luke Bryan, Kerri Edwards, and Ryan Schmidt, in association with Endeavor Content and Peanut Mountain Productions. Michael Monaco of FlyHi Films also serves as an executive producer and directs. Watch trailer here.
- Premiering 19 August, Sprung follows convicted criminal Jack, who is determined to turn his life around when he’s unexpectedly released from prison due to the pandemic. After more than two decades behind bars, he has no place to live, and with the world on lockdown, Jack shelters-in-place with an unlikely group of former inmates, who band together and use their criminal expertise for good. Images available here.
- The Honorable Judy Sheindlin, retired Judge of the Manhattan family Court, brings her signature blend of sharp wit and wisdom, hilarious candor, and unwavering honesty. In Judy Justice, premiering 22 August, she presides over real cases, arbitrates binding decisions, and delivers what only she can. She is accompanied by a cast consisting of a law clerk, court stenographer, and bailiff. Images available here.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit aboutamazon.de and follow @AmazonNewsDE.
About Amazon Freevee
Amazon Freevee is a streaming video service with hundreds of premium movies and TV shows, including Originals, available anytime, for free.
- Expansive Catalogue: Amazon Freevee is a modern television network, offering viewers ambitious Originals, including Bosch: Legacy, Luke Bryan: My Dirt Road Diary, Moment of Truth, UNINTERRUPTED’s Top Class: The Life and Times of the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers, Bug Out, and an always updating library of broadly appealing hit movies and TV shows that customers would expect to see on a paid service. Amazon Freevee adds new titles to the service every month across a wide selection of genres, including comedy, family, romance, thrillers, science fiction, documentaries, and horror.
- Free: The entire catalogue of content on the service is free. No paid subscriptions necessary.
- Limited Ads: Amazon Freevee has a limited ad load.
- Instant Access: Amazon Freevee is available within the Prime Video app across hundreds of devices. Customers can access Amazon Freevee content on Prime Video through the “Popular Movies and TV – Free with Ads” carousel. Soon, Amazon Freevee will also be available as a standalone app on Fire TV.
To learn more about Amazon Freevee, visit www.amazon.de/freevee.