Amazon Studios rounds out cast of forthcoming The Lord of the Rings television series
Jul 01, 2021
CULVER CITY, Calif. – July 1, 2021 – Amazon Studios announced today that Charles Edwards, Will Fletcher, Amelie Child-Villiers and Beau Cassidy will round out the ensemble cast of its forthcoming Amazon Original series based on The Lord of the Rings, currently shooting in New Zealand.
Photo credit: Wolf Marloh
- Edwards’ television credits include Louis in Under the Vines, Martin Charteris in The Crown - Seasons 3 & 4, Alexander MacDonald in The Terror, Lucian in The Halcyon and Michael Gregson in Downton Abbey.
- On film, Edwards can be seen in The Duke opposite Helen Mirren and Jim Broadbent, directed by Roger Michell, and as Mr. Jenkins in Robert Zemeckis' film of Roald Dahl's The Witches.
- On stage, Edwards has appeared extensively at the National Theatre in London. Roles elsewhere include Richard II (Shakespeare’s Globe), Charles in Blithe Spirit opposite Angela Lansbury (London/Los Angeles), Richard Hannay in The 39 Steps (London/Broadway) and Bertie in The King’s Speech (London).
- Edwards has been nominated twice as Best Actor at the London Evening Standard Awards. He won Australia's Green Room Award for his performance as Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady, directed by Julie Andrews, and was nominated for the Helpmann Award for Best Actor in a Musical. He has twice been a SAG award recipient as part of the ensemble of The Crown.
Photo credit: Phil Sharp
- Will Fletcher trained at RADA then at Bristol Old Vic Theatre school before graduating in 2019. He went on to star in The Girl Who Fell at Trafalgar Studios, directed by Hannah Price. Most recently, Fletcher shot the lead in independent feature The Road Dance alongside Hermione Corfield, directed by Richie Adams.
AMELIE CHILD VILLIERS
- Amelie Child-Villiers (pronounced Child Villas) is a new and exciting 13-year-old actress who has already appeared in a number of high-profile projects in the short time that she’s been acting professionally. In 2019, she played the role of Nina in the psychological horror Censor, written and directed by Prano Bailey-Bond who was named a Screen International ‘Star of Tomorrow’ in 2018. Child-Villiers has recently wrapped filming on The Machine alongside Mark Hamill and Bert Kreischer.
- Beau Cassidy has been pursuing her acting dreams since playing Phileas Fogg in a school production of Around the World in Eighty Days at the age of seven. She signed with a talent agency in 2019 and quickly found her first role in Amazon’s The Lord of the Rings TV production. In 2020, she completed her first feature film role in the soon to be released New Zealand-Australian comedy, Nude Tuesday.
About the Amazon Original The Lord of the Rings television series:
Amazon Studios’ forthcoming series brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth's history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.
As previously announced, the series is led by showrunners and executive producers J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay; they are joined by executive producers Lindsey Weber, Callum Greene, J.A. Bayona, Belén Atienza, Justin Doble, Jason Cahill, Gennifer Hutchison, Bruce Richmond and Sharon Tal Yguado, co-executive producer Wayne Che Yip, and producer Christopher Newman.
Additional information about the series, are available via the Amazon Studios press site here: https://press.amazonstudios.com/us/en
Amazon Prime Video Media Contact:
Jamie French– Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org