The adaptation of Juan Gómez-Jurado's successful trilogy will be produced by Dopamine and Focus
Reina Roja will launch exclusively on Prime Video in 2023 in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide
Exclusive Cast Image Available here
LONDON—8 June, 2022—Today, Prime Video announced that Vicky Luengo (Antidisturbios) and Hovik Keuchkerian (Money Heist) will play the roles of Antonia Scott and Jon Gutiérrez in the new Spanish Original series Reina Roja, the TV adaptation of the first book in Juan Gómez-Jurado's hit trilogy (Reina Roja, Loba Negro, Rey Blanco), the best-selling book in Spain for a third year in a row. The series will launch in 2023 exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
With an IQ of 242, Antonia Scott is officially the smartest person on Earth. Her intelligence made her the “Red Queen” of a secret and experimental police project, but what seemed like a gift became a curse, and she ended up losing everything. When the son of a powerful tycoon is found gruesomely murdered and the daughter of Spain’s wealthiest man is kidnapped, the Red Queen organization is set in motion. Mentor, Antonia’s former boss, turns to Jon Gutierrez, a hot-tempered Basque cop on the verge of being expelled from the force, to reactivate Antonia. The twisted cat-and-mouse game in which Jon and Antonia become entangled in during the investigation helps them discover that they admire and complement each other almost as much as they irritate each other. Reina Roja is a haunting thriller set in Madrid, a city that plays a central role to the story, that combines the urgency and action of the investigation with the juicy and witty chemistry between its two main characters.
“Antonio Scott has one of the most fascinating minds I have ever read”, Stated Vicky Luengo. “Ever since I started learning about her story, I have been hooked by her light and complexity. I can’t wait to learn how to handle her monkeys”.
The series, which will start production soon, is produced by Dopamine and Focus, with Amaya Muruzábal as showrunner and executive producer. The script was written by Muruzábal and Salvador Perpiñá.
Reina Roja will join the thousands of TV shows and movies in the Prime Video catalogue, including Spanish-produced Amazon Original series such as Celebrity Bake Off España, LOL: Si te ríes pierdes, G.E.O: Más allá del límite, The Challenge: 11M, the upcoming premieres of Sin Huellas and A Private Affair, and award-winning and critically acclaimed global Amazon Original series and films including The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Fleabag, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Hunters, The Boys, Homecoming, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Good Omens, and Carnival Row, all on Prime Video, which is available at no extra cost for Amazon Prime members.
Prime members will be able to watch Reina Roja with the Prime Video app, available for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV, consoles, Chromecast, Vodafone TV, and through Primevideo.com. In the Prime Video app, viewers can download all episodes to their mobile devices and watch them offline anywhere at no extra cost as part of the Prime benefits, for only €36/year. New customers can find more information at www.amazon.es/prime and sign up for a free 30-day trial.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sport related content—all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
● Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals, other exclusives and more. Enjoy Spanish-produced Amazon Originals like El Cid, La Leyenda de Sergio Ramos, La Templanza, and LOL: Si te ríes, pierdes, U.S. hits like The Boys, One Night in Miami…, Sound of Metal, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Upload, and My Spy, plus Emmy Award-winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, as well as exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods, and Vikings; movies like Coming 2 America and the Golden Globe-winning Borat Subsequent Moviefilm. All available at no additional cost as part of Prime Video, which is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
● Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like STARZPLAY, FlixOlé, MGM, AContra+, Noggin, Hayu, PLANET HORROR, MUBI, Acorn TV, Qello Concerts, OUTtv, TV Cortos, Stingray Karaoke y DJAZZ, Mezzo, Hopster Learning, Vaughanplay.tv, Stingray Classica, Dizi, Pash—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at http://www.amazon.com/channels.
● Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
● Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
● Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.es/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.ews.
CONTACTO DE PRENSA DE PRIME VIDEO